Dean Stickles (http://villageofwalden NULL.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/building-dept NULL.jpg)
33 Scofield Street Walden, NY 12586
(845) 778-2177 ext. 1504 | Send Email (buildinginspector null@null villageofwalden NULL.org?subject=Email%20from Website)
Fax – (845) 778-2108
Vicki Kurtz, Building Department Secretary
(845)778-2177 ext. 1505 | Send Email (buildingdept null@null villageofwalden NULL.org?subject=Email%20from Website)
Jay Buchalski, Code Enforcement Officer
(845)778-2177 ext. 1506 | Send Email (enforcement null@null villageofwalden NULL.org?subject=Email%20from Website)
Hours: Monday through Friday 7:00 am – 3:00 pm
The Building Inspector is appointed by the Village Manager in consultation with the Board of Trustees. The Building Inspector possesses background experience related to building construction or fire prevention and also obtains such basic training, in-service training, advanced in-service training and other training as the State of New York shall require for Code enforcement personnel. He also has certification from the State Fire Administrator.
The Building Inspector’s office is responsible for receiving, reviewing and approving or disapproving applications for building permits, certificates of occupancy/compliance, temporary certificates and operating permits and the plans, specifications and construction documents submitted with such applications. He also conducts construction inspections; inspections to be made prior to the issuance of certificates of occupancy/compliance, temporary certificates and operating permits; fire-safety and property maintenance inspections; inspections incidental to the investigation of complaints; and all other inspections required or permitted. He is authorized to issue stop-work orders; review and investigate complaints; maintain records; collect fees as set by the Board of Trustees; and to pursue administrative enforcement actions and proceedings.
A Building permit is required for any work which must conform to the Uniform Code and/or the Energy Code, including but not limited to the construction, enlargement, alteration, improvement, removal, relocation or demolition of any building or structure or any portion thereof and the installation of a solid-fuel-burning heating appliance, chimney or flue in any dwelling unit. This includes home renovations, installation of fences, installation of storage sheds, roof replacements or repairs, and installation of swimming pools. No person shall commence any work for which a building permit is required without first having obtained a building permit from the Building Inspector.
If you are unsure if a building permit is required, please call the office 845-778-2177 ext. 1505.
Code Enforcement Officer is appointed by the Village Manager to investigate local code and ordinance violations. He issues notices of violations and/or summonses as required in accordance with Village rules and regulations, under the supervision of the Building Inspector. Many times you will see him patrolling the Village by foot or automobile and notes violations of local codes and ordinances such as litter, noise, peddling, dumping, garbage, snow and ice removal. He also investigates verbal and written, signed complaints referred by public or other agencies regarding violations of local codes and ordinances. He will correspond and/or meet with property owners regarding violations of local code, ordinances, laws and time allowed for correction/compliance.
For questions about Village Code or ordinances please call the office 845-778-2177 ext. 1506.
- Building Permit Application (http://www NULL.villageofwalden NULL.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Building-Permit NULL.pdf)
- Site Plan Approval Application (http://www NULL.villageofwalden NULL.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Site-Plan-Application NULL.pdf)
- Use Variance Application (http://www NULL.villageofwalden NULL.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Use-Variance-Application NULL.pdf)
- Subdivision Approval Application (http://www NULL.villageofwalden NULL.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Subdivision-Approval-Application NULL.pdf)
- Area Variance Application (http://www NULL.villageofwalden NULL.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Area-Variance-Application NULL.pdf)
- Special Exception Application (http://www NULL.villageofwalden NULL.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Special-Exception-Application NULL.pdf)
- ZBA Interpretation Application (http://www NULL.villageofwalden NULL.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Interpretation-ZBA NULL.pdf)
- Planning & Zoning Board Fee Schedule 2017-2018 (http://www NULL.villageofwalden NULL.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/ADOPTED-PB-ZBA-FEE-SCHEDULE-2017-2018 NULL.pdf)
- Residential Small Cities Rehab Program – Loan Package (http://www NULL.villageofwalden NULL.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Loan-Package-1 NULL.2016 NULL.pdf)
- Residential Small Cities Rehab Loan Program – Application (http://www NULL.villageofwalden NULL.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Rehab-Loan-Application-2016 NULL.pdf)
- Commercial Rehab Loan Program & Application (http://www NULL.villageofwalden NULL.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/Commercial-Loan-Program-12 NULL.2016 NULL.pdf)
Environmental Impact Statements
- Overlook at Kidd Farm Final Environmental Impact Statement (http://www NULL.villageofwalden NULL.org/docs/Overlook_at_Kidd_Farm_FEIS NULL.pdf)