Acres of Recreation Space
Miles of Walking Trails
48 Albany Avenue – 34.2 acres.
Contains 4 baseball fields, 1 softball field, 2 tennis courts, a large playground, a skateboard park, and a Pavilion. A Scout Cabin is also available for scout troops to host their meetings or programs.
James Olley Community Park
97 Sherman Avenue – 98.9 acres.
Offers a man-made beach with public swimming and fishing, several playgrounds, picnic grove, natural walking trails, and is home to the Village’s Summer Recreation Camp.
Wooster Memorial Grove Park
89 East Route 52 – 9.4 acres.
Surrounded by the Tin Brook, offers a large playground, indoor & outdoor basketball courts, a bandstand, and is home to the Village of Walden Recreation Department ‘Teen Center’ and After School program. The park also contains Walden’s former train station, which has since been renovated as a recreational facility and offices.
Walden-Wallkill Rail Trail
Beginning at Wooster Grove, once the Wallkill Valley Railroad, now thrives as a 3.22-mile long, paved trail. It links the Village of Walden to the Hamlet of Wallkill in Ulster County. The trail is used for walking, jogging, bicycling and dog walking. While the entrance at the top of Woodruff Street is maintained by the Village, the Trail itself is maintained by the Town of Montgomery.
Midge Norman Park
Mary Jean “Midge” Norman Park
Alfred Place – .23 acres.
The only park on the ‘West Side’ offers a small playground and basketball court.
Marcus "Mickey" Millspaugh River Front Park and Boat Launch
Maple Street – 1.2 acres
Parcel of land on the eastern shore of the Wallkill River allows residents access to the river where they can boat, fish, canoe or kayak.
Martin Besdesky Park
Pond Road – .44 acres
Contains a children’s playground and picnic table. Located in the southernmost portion of the Village of Walden.
Veterans Memorial Park
West Side of Veterans Memorial Bridge; Route 52.
Celebrating our Veterans service, personalized engraved memorial bricks line the walkways in their honor as well as banners placed along the Veterans Memorial Bridge. To memorialize your favorite veteran with either a banner or a brick please visit out Veterans Park page for the most up to date forms and deadlines.
Village Square is adorned by a beautiful Civil War Monument erected in 1890 to honor the men of Montgomery who lost their lives 1861-1865. Our Fireman’s Triangle features the Fireman’s Monument dedicated by the citizens of Walden to their Volunteer Fire Department on October 14, 1909. A monument honoring and memorializing the deceased volunteers of The Fearless Hook and Ladder Co #1 and the Ladies Auxiliary also stands tall. It is also home to the Armed Forces Tribute sponsored by the William Deakin Post 158 of the American Legion in 1958. Most recently was an installation of a memorial garden dedicated in 2014 by the Walden Community Council in honor of longtime resident Rose M. Oliva.
Intersection of Route 208 and Route 52 featuring a statue of the 25th US President William McKinley unveiled on May 30, 1924 — a statue of McKinley clutching a pole with a big American flag, stuck in the heart of Knifetown. “Erected by the working men of Walden” is inscribed on its base and was erected with funds left by Col. Thomas W. Bradley, President of the U.S. Knife Company and longtime McKinley friend.
Download Our Full Recreation and Parks Brochure
A complete brochure of all our parks, events, and programs offered.