Veterans Park150 West Main Street
- 0.3 Acres
- American Flag
- Wallkill River Views
- Memorial Bricks in honor of local Veterans
The Village of Walden Recreation & Parks Department combined with the volunteer efforts of the Walden Community Council’s Veterans Park Committee work hard every year to ensure that Veterans Memorial Park looks pristine year round! It truly celebrates our Veterans service with the personalized engraved memorial bricks that line the walkways in their honor. The varied landscaping upgrades provide a beautiful place for our annual Memorial Day, Flag Day, and Veterans Day Ceremonies. The Walden Community Council Veterans Park Committee work tirelessly to ensure the park has beautiful seasonal flowers and plantings year round and is responsible for organizing and installing the upgrades that have been made to the park over the years.
If you are interested in honoring a Veteran by ordering a personalized engraved brick please see the order form for details.
8x8 Brick Order Form (http://villageofwalden NULL.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Veterans-Brick-Order-8x8-03-2017 NULL.docx NULL.pdf)
4x8 Brick Order Form (http://villageofwalden NULL.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Veterans-Brick-Order-4x8-03-2017 NULL.pdf)
Additionally, leading up to the park on our Veterans Memorial Bridge are banners that honor local Veterans. If you are interested in honoring a Veteran by ordering a banner please see the attached order form for details.
Veterans Banner Order Form (http://villageofwalden NULL.org/forms/veteransbannerapplication NULL.pdf)
Other Walden Parks
- Marcus “Mickey” Millspaugh Riverfront Park and Boat Launch
- Martin “Marty” Besdesky Playground
- Rail Trail
- Veterans Memorial Park
- Wooster Grove (http://www NULL.villageofwalden NULL.org/departments/parks-and-recreation/walden-parks/wooster-grove-2)
- Mary Jean “Midge” Norman Park
- James W. Olley Community Park
- Bradley Park
Facility Use Form
- Park Reservation Request Form (http://www NULL.villageofwalden NULL.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Park-and-Recreation-Facility-and-Park-Use-Application NULL.pdf)