1 Municipal Square Walden, NY 12586
(845) 778-2177 ext. 1501 | Send Email
Deputy Village Clerk, Marisa Kraus
(845)778-2177 ext. 1503 | Send Email
Fax number: 845-778-2170
The Village Clerk is the appointed officer of the Village of Walden, who has custody of the corporate seal, books and records of the Village of Walden.
- The Village Clerk maintains all village resolutions and local laws including Walden’s General Code.
- Serves as Records Access Officer producing books, records and papers for inspection under the Freedom of Information Law.
- Provides for the proper and orderly conduct of the Village Election in her capacity as Election Officer.
- Serves as Licensing Agent that issues licenses for the conduct of bingo, taxi businesses, and towing.
- Issues handicap parking permits.
- Registrar of Vital Statistics that issues copies of birth and death certificates that occurred within Village limits beginning as far back as 1888.
The Village Clerk is a notary public and provides notarization services at no charge. Please bring in your forms* to be notarized as well as proper photo ID card (New York State issued driver license or student ID card). Remember, you must sign the forms in her presence for her to be able to notarize them for you.
*Please note that she cannot notarize wills unless in the presence of the attorney who drafted such will.
About The Clerk
As the Records Access Officer for the Village, my office is responsible for all Freedom of Information Law (F.O.I.L.) requests. Please present them in writing to the Village Clerk via email, fax, mail, or in person. A written response will be provided within five business days of receipt of the request. A form below is provided to aid in public requests as well as a link to the NYS Frequently Asked questions website.
Handicap Parking Permits
The Village Clerk issues handicap permits to Village of Walden residents. To apply, print out the form below, have your doctor fill out and sign it, and bring completed form to our office with a copy of a drivers license or non driver ID showing your Village of Walden address. If your ID does not show a Village address you must provide another document showing your Village address such as a utility bill or other proof of address. Our office can issue permits, however handicap plates are issued by the County or State DMV offices.
Birth and Death Certificates
To request Birth or Death Certificates for births or deaths that occurred within the Village limits from 1888-present, print and fill in the appropriate form below and submit to the Village Clerk’s office along with the appropriate ID and fee listed on the form.