Lynn E. Thompson
Village of Walden Coordinator for the Climate Smart Communities Initiative
The Village of Walden, in order to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and adapt to a changing climate, adopts the New York State Climate Smart Communities pledge, which comprises the following ten elements:
1) Build a climate–smart community.
2) Inventory emissions, set goals, and plan for climate action.
3) Decrease energy use.
4) Shift to clean, renewable energy.
5) Use climate–smart materials management.
6) Implement climate–smart land use.
7) Enhance community resilience to climate change.
8) Support a green innovation economy.
9) Inform and inspire the public.
10) Engage in an evolving process of climate action.