The Village is fortunate to have a very active Recreation & Parks Department that has many youth programs available.
ONLINE Registration through Sports Illustrated Play software is available for the programs marked with an asterisk (*).
Below is a list of some of the programs offered:
- After School Program – Free program that runs Monday through Thursday during the school year only 3:30-5:30pm at the John H. Howland Teen Center at Wooster Memorial Grove Park. The program is open to all youth ages 12-18 of the Valley Central School District. (Program follows the Valley Central School Calendar and is not open when there is no school)
- *Basketball – Registration is in September, practice begins in December, and games are played in January; Games are played at the John H. Howland Teen Center at Wooster Memorial Grove Park and Walden Elementary School (Orchard Street). Open to all Town of Montgomery Residents ages 6-18.
- *Flag Football – Registration is in April and games begin in June; Games are played at Bradley Park. Open to all Town of Montgomery residents ages 5-14.
- *Indoor Soccer – Registration is in September and games begin in November; Games are played at the John H. Howland Teen Center at Wooster Memorial Grove Park and Ignite Sports. Open to all Town of Montgomery residents ages 5-13.
- *Outdoor Soccer – Registration is in July and games begin in September; Games are played at Bradley Park. Open to all Town of Montgomery residents ages 5-12.
- *Tennis Lessons – Registration is in April and lessons begin end of April, weather permitting; Lessons are given at the Tennis Courts at Bradley Park. Open to all Town of Montgomery residents ages 5-16.
In addition to Village Recreation Programs, Walden is home to a local Cal Ripken/Babe Ruth Baseball/Softball program.
Orange County Cal Ripken League – Created in 2011, OCCR League aims to offer children in the area the opportunity to play quality baseball/softball at affordable prices year round. Growing stronger each year, we offer a recreational program affiliated with Babe Ruth International. Our fields are located in the Valley Central School area and our players range from ages 3-18, with additional low cost travel programs. Each year we add additional programs to meet the needs of our players: 8U baseball and Tiny Tots are among the few innovative programs. Great things are happening in Walden.
For more information and details please contact league volunteers at:
PO Box 204, Walden, NY 12586, (845) 778-2113 or via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or at http://www.occrleague.com/