Village of Walden Summer Youth Employment Program 2019 Requirements:
- Reside within the Village of Walden limits (call the Village Clerk if unsure of residency)
- Be Between the Ages of 14-18
- Have working papers
- Be available to work between 7/1/19-8/2/19
- Attend Job Fair June 20, 2019 at 6pm
- Attend Skills building workshops: Monday, July 8, 2019, 5:30-7pm – Team Building and Finance 101 including budgeting; & Monday, July 15, 2019, 5:30-7pm– Resume Workshop
- Attend Graduation Ceremony on Thursday, August 1, 2019 at 6pm – 3rd Floor Assembly Room in the Municipal Building.
- Complete an Application that must be received by Thursday, June 13, 2019 by 5pm – Please be advised that late applications will NOT be considered. Summer Youth Employment Program Application 2019
- All completed applications MUST include the following attachments:
- Working papers
- Proof of address. (Copy of applicant/parent/guardian’s driver’s license, parent’s utility bill, etc.)
- A 75 word essay from the applicant explaining a little about themselves and why they would like to participate in the program. (can be handwritten or typed)
- One (1) letter of recommendation from a person NOT related to the applicant.
Frequently Asked Questions:The purpose of this program is to provide each youth with a positive and safe form of local summer employment while simultaneously increasing their education in branding themselves for today’s job market as well as resume and real life skills building. Summer Employment will be approximately 60 hours at a Participating Village of Walden Business between 7/9/18-8/3/18 receiving $10.40 per hour.
Funding is provided for 10-12 youth participants thanks in part to a grant received through the Orange County Youth Bureau as well as donations received specifically for this program and the Village of Walden Board of Trustees. All the youths that participate in the Job Fair will get the experience of filling out an application with all the necessary requirements in a timely fashion and will have the possibility of meeting a potential employer face to face through their mandatory participation in our job fair. These learning opportunities are not something taught in school and offer real life experience.
Applications must be received by Thursday, June 13, 2019 by 5pm in the Village Clerk’s office. An email confirmation of receipt of a completed application and a reminder of the job fair will be sent to the email listed on the front of the application. Email confirmation will be sent out on Monday, June 17, 2019 by 5pm or sooner.
Our Job Fair will be held on Thursday, June 20, 2019 beginning at 6pm on the 3rd Floor Assembly Room in the Municipal Building. All (or most) of the participating Village of Walden Businesses will have a representative present to speak to each youth as a reference for them to use during their selection process of which youth they will choose to employ over the summer. This allows each youth the opportunity to put their best foot forward and meet potential employers in a neutral setting. Youth will also be allowed to ask questions about the potential job opportunities with each business and learn how to speak to potential employers. Youth should come dressed appropriately as if they were attending a job interview.
Any additional questions please contact the Village Clerk, Marisa Kraus, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 845-778-2177 x1503 or in person at the Village Clerk’s Office, 3rd Floor Municipal Building.