(Goshen, NY) – Orange County Executive Edward A. Diana announced today that the Orange County Department of Public Works, Division of Environmental Facilities and Services (EF&S) has waived the fees IMMEDIATELY through Saturday, November 10 to aid communities in the cleanup of storm debris.
- There will be no charge for disposal of storm debris (scrap metal, mixed debris, and wood products) through Saturday, November 10.
- The fees for disposal of regular household garbage are not waived by Orange County.
- All transfer stations will accept storm related scrap metal free of charge and only Orange County Transfer Station #1 (Goshen) will accept wood debris free of charge through Saturday, November 10.
- Disaster debris may be brought to the transfer stations by municipal vehicles, contracted vendors of municipalities, and private vehicles.
- Wood products – including trees, branches, pallets, and unadulterated lumber may be brought to Wessels’ Farms located at 94 Bull Road, Otisville, NY 10963 for no charge. Please contact Mike Wessels at (845) 386-5681, http://wesselsfarms.net
For more information, please contact Deputy Commissioner of EF&S Peter S. Hammond at (845) 291-2640, or visit www.orangecountygov.com